Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Too fast. 12-28-16

It went by way.too.fast.
Everyone told me - don't blink.
I did try. I tried to savor every minute. I actually got mad at Dean when he didn't seem to be doing that.
We took pictures, tried to pay attention to every second of every day to make sure we knew the next new thing about her.

But it went by way too fast.

She's a toddler. And I don't like her any less - I still find it amazing to watch her and It upsets me when I don't get to spend time with her - but I miss baby Alexandra. As much as the idea of not being able to travel somewhere new and exciting upset me when I thought of having a baby, this might have been one of the most exciting journeys yet: watching Alexandra go from a tiny sucker and pooper to a curious and captivating little toddler. Her first year of life might have been one of the most exciting years of my life. I wish I had been better about writing things down.

No comments:

Post a Comment